We are faced with more locomotion challenges that need more robust and advanced transport wheelchairs. Although every user has unique requirements altogether, these wheelchairs need to be durable, light, and versatile. Scanning and asking around, you realize how unique some of these transport wheelchairs are packaged to perform. However, despite all these features, some features might not be beneficial to other users.
Whether you have injuries or suffers from physical impairments, you need something that can work for you. Transport wheelchair buying can be a hard task for some people. If you are looking for a wheelchair for your family member, you need to explore all options available. Also, you need to consider options that influence the final purchasing decision. Wheelchairs are a great way of aiding movement to the doctors, pharmacy, or grocery. It takes time and resources for one to get the best transport wheelchair. We are saving you the time by piecing together the best transport wheelchairs of 2020.
Also read : Best Camera Tripods
List Of Top 10 Best Transport Wheelchairs in 2020 Reviews
10. Medline Ultralight Transport Wheelchairs
The Medline 300lbs durable transport chair will not disappoint. Moving around on this wheelchair should be easy as it weighs less and is very compact. Most transport chairs cannot beat this weight. Weighing a mere 15lbs, this wheelchair makes it easy to move around staircases or raise surfaces. Stow and go clips give you a footrest to comfortably hold your legs. With this assurance, working through those rehabilitation steps to recover won’t be hard. Plus this transport wheelchair is foldable and can be transported comfortably in a car trunk.
- Weighs 15lbs.
- Holds weight of 300lbs.
- Has a permanent resting arm.
- A comfortable footrest that can be folded.
- Made up of high-quality aluminum.
- Has 8” rear wheels for seamless forward and back movements.
- Foldable for easy storage.
- Weighs less making it easy to transport.
- Built to last longer.
- The seat is large and made up of water-resistant material.
- It comes with back pockets to store documents and small luggage.
- Not a good fit for small people.
9. Carex Transport Wheelchairs
If you are tired of squeezing in a small wheelchair, it is time to make that bold step. Getting yourself or your loved one a 19” Carex transport wheelchair is a better choice. The large sitting area provides comfort reducing sitting stress. It comes with footrests that swing outside. Mark you, the footrests can be removed making this wheelchair easy to store. Make immediate or abrupt stops by using rear wheel brakes. Has a seatbelt that locks tightly preventing Moving around in this wheelchair is as smooth as it can be.
- The wide sitting area of 19”.
- Made of sturdy material.
- A safety belt is a security feature that makes this transport wheelchair a cut above the rest.
- Foldable for easy storage.
- Swingout leg rests can be removed.
- A light wheelchair.
- Assembly is not required.
- It provides a large seating space.
- The brake can be used to control movement.
- Permanent armrests.
- Built to last long.
- Not suitable for kids.
8. Drive Medical Lightweight Expedition Transport Wheelchair
With a unique braking system, this transport wheelchair is one of a kind. The red color adds glamor to the sturdy frame making it look perfect. This transport wheelchair weighs less than 19lbs making it easy to move around. The seat is comfortable and nice on your back. The seat is made of sturdy material making it serve you longer. On the other hand, any big person can fit in the 19 x 16 inches seat. Traveling around with this transport wheelchair in your car is made easy thanks to the foldable design.
- Weighs 19 lbs.
- Foldable and does not require assembly.
- The safety seat belt is nicely fixed in this wheelchair.
- Rear wheels are 12”.
- Has wheel locks to control movement.
- Easy to store.
- Made up of sturdy and durable material for longer use.
- Lightweight hence aiding in movement.
- Great for adults.
- Watch out for screws.
- Foldable hands might not lock so well in a place.
7. Medline Lightweight & User-Friendly Wheelchair
Medline products are known to be of high quality and innovated to lead other brands. In this case, this transport wheelchair has a flip back that makes it unique. When it comes to the frame, it speaks for itself. It is built to impress. This one can hold up to 300lb and the owner can ride it around if the caretaker is not ready for action. I find the footrest and leg rest very good for anyone with a leg injury. Having this lightweight transport wheelchair is a sure way to reduce moving stress. You can effortlessly move around steep hills or rough surfaces without any trouble.
- Has legs rests that can be elevated.
- The seat material is the sturdy nylon upholstery.
- The back seat is adjustable.
- Back decks are removable.
- Built to be sturdy and durable.
- Weighs 33lbs.
- Foldable and easy to store.
- Made of durable material for long use.
- Mag wheels move smoothly on the surface.
- Nylon upholstery is breathable, soft, and comfortable.
- Armrests might seem small to certain people.
6. Medline Transport Wheelchair with Lightweight Steel Frame
This lightweight Medline transport wheelchair has good features that make it a good investment. Investing in a transport wheelchair takes into consideration a lot of things. One of these things is the ability to sit comfortably and use office desks, or tables. With this wheelchair, you won’t worry about this. It has special armrests that allow you to sit close and comfortably to most desks. The swing-away footrests are designed in a unique way to give you freedom of movement. You won’t need to disinfect the nylon material as it comes with antimicrobial protection.
- It comes with a large 19 by 16 inches seat.
- The nylon material has been designed to keep away harmful bacteria.
- Supports up to 300lbs.
- Weighs 34lbs.
- Swing-away footrests are designed to give you comfort.
- Sturdy and durable steel frame.
- Foldable for easy storage.
- Has leg and footrests.
- It does not require tools to assemble.
- Protected from bacteria and mold.
- Wheel-locking system.
- It does not come with Medicare reimbursement.
5. Drive Medical Silver Sport 1 Wheelchair
A modern wheelchair designed to excel at work. Having this one makes it easy for you to move around without the help of a caretaker. It has safety features that are specially designed to aid in this. You’ll love operating it independently. The long-lasting urethane tires are strong and durable. They require little maintenance to be in good form. With this wheelchair, you can carry small luggage or accessories in the back pocket. The arms rest offer a comfortable and smooth cushion for your arms. They can never get sore from constant friction during movement.
- Has foldable back panes.
- Back pocket for storing small luggage.
- Supports both independent and aided operation.
- Sturdy and durable design.
- Supports weight of up to 250 lbs.
- Easy to clean.
- The steel frame is rust free.
- Tires are easy to maintain.
- It offers a big and ample sitting space.
- It might be heavy for some people.
- Not good for kids.
4. NOVA Bariatric Transport Chair with Locking Hand Brakes
Tired of small and inefficient transport wheelchairs? NOVA Medical Products brings you highly tested products that will make a whole new difference. NOVA is known the world over to provide medically tested transport chairs that make moving around effortlessly. In this case, the NOVA Bariatric Transport Chair is extra wide and is built with a heavy-duty design. Someone weighing 400lbs can comfortably use this wheelchair.
- Seatbelts are 41” and can be adjusted.
- It comes with removable ant-tippers.
- Accommodates weight of up to 400lbs.
- The seat is wide, about 22”.
- Footrests are adjustable.
- Footrest height can raise to 9” from the floor.
- It is a versatile design and can be comfortably used on most terrain.
- Seatbelts can be adjusted to suit people of different sizes.
- Foldable making it is easy to store.
- Designed to easily transfer the user.
- Footrests are easy to fold or unfold for use.
- It might not be good for small-bodied persons.
3. Drive Medical Fly Lite Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair
A lightweight transport chair that looks nice. You’ll love how it was designed to make things easy for the user or the caretaker. With a seatbelt, you get added safety to hold you in place during uneven surface transfers. The footrests make it even easier to use. They are swing-away making it easy to move through narrow paths or simply folding. The foldable design makes it possible for you to store it in your car trunk.
- Back has a stable deluxe release.
- Adjustable sturdy seatbelt.
- Too-free assembly.
- Wheel locks are made of aluminum.
- The seat is 17 inches high.
- Has a weight capacity of up to 300lbs.
- It has a unique foldable design.
- Footrest offers a comfortable and soft swing-away design.
- Easy to wash.
- A braking system that can be controlled by the user.
- It is very lightweight.
- With continued use, the side seam might start ripping off.
2. Medline Lightweight Transport Wheelchair with Handbrakes
If you are a caretaker and you have always wanted to be in control of the transport wheelchair, buy this. It has one of the best and unique braking system. It supplement this, it has nice and anti-slip handles that can be gripped with ease. You will be in total control using this wheelchair. This lightweight transport chair comes with 12” rear wheels to propel it on uneven outdoor surfaces. The aluminum frame is built for longevity.
- Armrests are permanent.
- Has an adjustable seatbelt.
- Has manual handbrakes.
- Foldable and very portable.
- It can accommodate the weight of up to 300lbs.
- Roughly weighs 23.5lbs.
- Has 12” rear wheels to work well on uneven grounds.
- Easy to wash and maintain.
- The braking system gives the caretaker control.
- Footrests can be removed to allow easy storage.
- Maneuvers easily on uneven grounds.
- Sturdy and durable construction.
- It does not ship internationally.
- Not good for kids.
1. Drive Medical Lightweight Steel Transport Wheelchair
Finally, we need to look at what makes the Drive Medical Lightweight Transport Wheelchair make it top of our list. This steel chair has a durable frame that provides unmatched stability. Armrests are well cushioned to give the user comfort. Your hands won’t be sore from lying on top of these armrests. They are soft and easy. On the other hand, cleaning this wheelchair is not a problem. The seats are made of nylon which makes cleaning easy. Moreover, anyone weighing 250lbs can use this wheelchair.
- Foldable backrest.
- Foldable transport chair.
- Consists of cushioned armrests for concepts.
- The height is 19”.
- Accommodates up to 250lbs.
- Easy to wash.
- Made of durable and sturdy material for longevity.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Foldable and easy to store.
- Assembly free.
- Some people might find the arm and hip-width too small.
Buyers guide. What to consider before buying a transport wheelchair.
- Should be strong enough to accommodate more weight. This makes it work longer.
- Investing in a transport wheelchair that meets your budget is crucial. However, buying a highly efficient wheelchair requires you to spend much more.
- Braking system. Some transport wheelchairs have brakes where the caretaker can easily reach out to them. Consider the location of breaks for easy control.
- You need to buy a durable transport wheelchair. Making sure the material is strong, sturdy, durable, and breathable nylon is a must. Also, the material should be easy to clean and water-resistant.
- It is costly to buy a transport wheelchair that cannot be used comfortably. Size consideration becomes very crucial. The transport wheelchair should be able to accommodate the user.
As earlier stated, search for the best transport wheelchair can be tiresome. This is made tougher by the fact that there are many online options for these wheelchairs. With millions of online products, it becomes even harder to choose the best. We believe that after carefully going through this piece, you can comfortably order for a transport wheelchair. Make sure you check whether it is durable, foldable, and has advanced features. You can also check other online websites with information on the best transport wheelchairs in the market.