Live vests were first invented in 1854 and have saved countless lives. Initially, these vests were made out of simple cork material. However, this has greatly changed with life vests nowadays featuring lightweight foam materials. These vests are also known as personal floatation devices (PFD) since they help remain afloat. Wearing a life vest is not a luxury but a safety precaution. In fact, it is not an optional vest but one that you must every time in the waters.
However, choosing the best life vest is not easy due to numerous choices out there. There are hundreds of life vests on the market right now from different manufacturers. Choosing the best requires proper knowledge of life vest features and how they work. To help you find the best life vests, we’ve narrowed down your search to only 10 leading vests. These are top-quality life vests that will keep you afloat in case of emergencies. Read on and learn of the best life vests to consider buying this year.
Table of The Best Life Vests Reviews
No products found.
10. STEARNS Life Vest / Adult Classic Series Vest
This is our first selection life vest and a quality vest to buy with confidence. It is a universal size vest that fits most adults. The vest is available in three sizes and can fit a wide range of persons. This is a sturdy nylon material vest with sturdy and durable construction. Besides, the vest features a unique 3-buckle system to fit securely. You can be sure the vest will remain on throughout your time in the water. Overall, this is an open-sided design vest to help you move and engage in exercises freely. You can swim and perform various activities without limitations.
- Flexible movement due to an open-sided design
- Durable nylon construction hence long-lasting
- Secure fitting due to a 3-buckle design
- Available in 3 sizes for a universal fit
Read more: Best Fishing Rod Racks Reviews
9. Onyx Movevent Dynamic Life Vest
This is by far one of the best life vests and a leading brand in the industry. It is a best-seller life vest with hundreds of reviews. The jacket is pretty comfortable due to a bubble foam interior. In addition, this jacket comes with expandable zippered pockets to help keep various personal items close. It is a great design vest with mesh drainage for faster drying. Besides, there is a drying loop at the back for easy hanging of the jacket. Overall, this is a pretty safe life jacket design to consider buying today. Furthermore, there is an attached whistle for added safety.
- Attached whistle for added safety
- Bubble foam inner back hence comfortable
- Easy drying due to a mesh construction and drying loop
- Expandable zippered pockets
8. O’Neill Wetsuits Life Vest
This is a safe personal floatation device with USCG approval for safe use. It is a perfect vest when swimming, tubing, waterskiing, etc. The vest features a minimalistic design for easy use. It feels lightweight and allows for a wide range of movement. In addition, this vest features durable polyester construction for long-lasting use. The strong shell exterior prevents damage and allows for extended use. Overall, this is a soft and comfortable design life vest with lightweight polyethylene foam. It is a relaxed fitting vest suitable for a wide array of activities.
- Suits a wide range of activities due to a relaxed-fitting
- Full mobility due to a minimal bulk design
- Strong coated polyester exterior hence durable
- Soft and comfortable due to lightweight foam
7. Stohlquist Waterware Life Vests / Fit Adult PFD 4 Pack Coast Guard Approved Universal
This is another excellent choice life vest with a restrictive cut to offer high mobility. In addition, the vest features a highly placed buckle to help reduce ride up. You can easily engage in a variety of activities without worrying about the buckle moving upwards. It is a uniquely designed vest with a thinner back. The thin back helps reduce seat back interference for comfortable rides on boats. This is an ergonomic design life vest with a back loop. The loop offers an excellent way to hang the vest for easy drying and storage. Overall, this is a type III life vest with Coast Guard approval. It is a comfortable vest with all-foam corners for general boating and water rafting.
- Comfortable due to foam cushioning
- Easy storage and drying due to back loop
- Convenient zipper storage bag
- High-mobility due to a non-restrictive cut
Read more: Best Boat Covers Reviews
6. STEARNS Life Vest for Adult Watersport Classic Series
This is another US Coast Guard-approved life jacket with pretty decent features. It is an excellent water skiing jacket with a durable 200D nylon shell exterior. The jacket can serve you well and withstand harsh outdoor elements. Besides, this vest is pretty lightweight and easy to wear. It features lightweight floatation foam hence very lightweight when worn. This allows you to engage in a variety of exercises without movement restriction. It is a universal design vest available in three colors or red, yellow and blue.
- Highly breathable due to 4 adjustable buckles
- Durable nylon exterior
- Comfortable and lightweight due to floatation foam material
- Open-sided design for excellent flexibility
5. Onyx Fishing Life Vest Kayak
This is another pretty decent life jacket and a perfect choice when kayak fishing. The jacket comes with several side and chest pockets. This enables you to store everything you need with you afloat. It is a great design jacket with zippered chest pockets zippered fleece-lined pockets. You can have your knife, whistle and pretty much anything you need. A further push-button tray pocket creates additional space for the tackle box. In addition, this vest features a high back that does not get in the way when seated. This is a breathable vest with a mesh back for excellent airflow. The vest also features ample drainage for quick drying.
- Quick-drying due to ample drainage
- Mesh back for breathability
- High back for comfortable seating
- Multiple zippered pockets
4. O’Brien Womens Life Vest Impulse Neo
This is one of the most comfortable neoprene material life vests for women to consider buying. It is a premium quality vest with 1.5mm exterior neoprene material. The vest also features two belts and a zipper closure for added safety. This is a decent quality vest with multiple hinge points on the front and back. A further zippered closure ensures the vest fits snugly and remains in place. It is also easy to wear and remove saving you time. Overall, this is a Coast Guard-approved vest to buy with confidence today.
- Easy on and off due to a zippered front closure
- 2 belts for added security
- Comfortable due to a 1.5mm neoprene material
- Multiple hinges for flexible movement
3. Oceans Life Vest Personal Flotation Device – 7 US Coast Guard Approved Youth Life Jacket
This is a US-Coast Guard-approved life vest with the highest USCG standards and testing. It is a youth or children’s vest with excellent comfort levels. The vest features excellent 3-buckle securing to remain fit and secure. This jacket will not ride up remaining comfortable and secure. The jacket supports persons from 50-90 pounds making it a perfect youth vest. It is a durable vest with EPE foam floatation and strong nylon construction. The vest’s open-sided design and adjustable straps add to its comfort.
- Comfortable fit due to an open-sided design
- Great fit due to adjustable straps
- EPE foam to make it lightweight
- Strong nylon construction
Read more: Best Marine Stereos Reviews
2. O’Brien Neoprene Life Vest Men X-Large
This is another excellent design life vest with a premium material construction. The vest features a quality neoprene material construction. This vest will also give you freedom once in the waters with flexible movements. It is a V-back design vest that lets you feel comfortable without coming into contact with the seat. There are also two adjustable buckles and a zipper for a great fit. Overall, this is a type II life vest with Coast Guard approval. It is a highly rated life vest and one to buy right away.
- Zippered front hence easy on and off
- Adjustable buckles for a great fit
- Durable due to neoprene material construction
- Comfortable and freedom of movement
1. Rrtizan Adult Life Jackets for Snorkeling
The Rrtizan is our last best life vest on the list to consider buying. It is a premium quality vest available in blue and orange colors. The colors are highly visible enhancing your safety in the waters. This is a lightweight design vest weighing 0.64lbs. The vest is pretty easy to inflate and use in seconds. It is a durable vest with 60% polyester and 40% PVC material construction. The jacket also features adjustable straps for a great fit. It can fit persons weighing from 80-220lbs.
- Fits persons from80-220lbs
- Highly visible colors
- Sturdy polyester and PVC construction
- Easy and quick inflation in 10 seconds
In conclusion, these are the best life vests or jackets on the market to consider buying this year. The vests are pretty safe and come in highly visible colors. They are also easy to wear and remove. Make sure you select one from our list above and remain safe in waters today.