Are you a fan of smoked or grilled food? If yes, you will want to get a means that will allow you to grill the food without losing the natural juices of the food. While there are lots of smokers available for you to buy on the market, I would recommend a propane smoker. These smokers are easy to move around and designed to offer lots of space so that you can use them to prepare a lot of food at a time. To help you settle for the best propane smoker on the market, listed in this article are the 10 best models available for you.
Table of The Best Portable Propane Smokers for Outdoors Reviews
10. Wide Body LP Gas Smokers, DGW1904BDP-D By Dyna-Glo
A perfect solution for year-round backyard cooking is Dyna-Glo DGW1904BDP-D LP Gas smoker. Easy to use, it features a push-button electric ignition that provides a rapid pulse for quick lighting. Furthermore, the smoker features dual cast iron burners. The burners emit 20,000 BTUs to guarantee reliable cooking performance in the warm and cold weather. Because of the heavy-gauge porcelain-enameled steel water bowl, the smoker can deliver juicy and tender meats with a maximum smoke flavor.
Besides that, it can accommodate foods of various sizes. This is because of the four height-adjustable cooking grates that adjust to whatever food you want to prepare. The high-capacity wood chip is made using heavy-gauge porcelain-enameled steel. The result is the ability to cook for hours with an assurance of maintenance-free cooking. Also, there is a smoke zone in the temperature gauge designed to indicate the ideal temperature for infusing the smoke flavor.
- Pre-installed sausage hooks and removable rib rack for additional cooking flexibility.
- Powder-coated steel finish guarantees strength and ease of cleaning.
- Pre-installed door seals for effective heat retention and minimal smoke loss.
Read more: Best Umbrella Stands Reviews
9. Masterbuilt Propane Smoker – Digital Electric Smoker 30 Inch, MB20071117
A perfect smoker for beginners and pros who want to achieve competition-ready results in their backyards without the hassle of propane or charcoal is the Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker. Featuring digital controls, all you are required to do is set the required temperatures and leave it to do the work. Better, the smoker features a thermostat temperature control.
This feature lets you set the desired temperature based on the food you are preparing for consistent results. The patented side wood chip loading system is another feature. Hence, you can add wood chips without the need for opening the smoker’s door. Asides that, there are four chrome-coated smoking racks. With these, you can rest assured to get enough space for the food you want to smoke.
- A fully-insulated body plays a role in heat retention.
- On/off switch for easy lighting of the electric smoker.
- The digital panel features time and temperature controls for easy food preparation.
8. Dyna-Glo Propane Smoker – Charcoal Offset Smokers, DGO1176BDC-D
This is a large capacity multi-functional BBQ machine. The machine features six height-adjustable cooking grates enabling it to accommodate different sizes of food. Also, it features an offset design. This design optimizes indirect heat flow to prevent heat at the bottom from cooking too fast. The offset design also helps with slow cooking for optimal infusion of the smoke flavor. The electric smoker includes a stainless steel temperature gauge with a smoke zone indicator. Hence, you can rest assured to find the right temperature for infusing the smoke flavor. Better, it features a heavy-duty cast iron burner.
The burner delivers 1500BTUs for fast cooking results. Because of the electronic pulse ignition, you can expect to have received a burner that is easy to light. Further, the smoker features a heavy-duty porcelain enameled steel wood chip box to enhance strength. You can opt for this model when looking for a smoker that prepares a lot of food at the time. The reason is the 784square inch of a total smoking area designed to smoke up to 100bs of food at a time. Also, the smoker features a dual door design. This design minimizes heat loss while adding wood chips resulting in better cooking efficiency.
- High-temperature powder coat finishes for durability.
- The charcoal chamber keeps the briquettes tightly stacked for increased burning efficiency.
- The heavy-duty steel body enhances strength.
- A removable steel ash pan can handle large amounts of ash at a time.
7. Masterbuilt Portable Propane Smoker – MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smokers, 30 Inches
Specifically designed for barbecue enthusiasts, this is a high-quality electric smoker that adopts the Bluetooth smart technology. The smoker connects to the Bluetooth of the phone so that you can monitor the temperature, time, and power from a smartphone device. Also, it features a digital panel that acts as an alternative to the Bluetooth smart control for easy operation. Four chrome-coated smoking racks other additions. These comprise three standard racks and one custom notched rack designed to secure a master built pan. Because of the patented side wood chip loading system, you can load the wood chips without opening the smoker door for better burning efficiency.
- Grill + finish element for grilling and finishing off elements.
- A built-in probe thermometer allows for easy monitoring of the meat temperature.
- Four smoking racks offer plenty of room to smoke up to six chickens, four racks of ribs, two
turkeys, or four pork butts.
Read more: Best Shade Cloth Reviews
6. Masterbuilt Smoker Propane – MB20070210 MES 35B Electric Smokers, with 3 Smoking Racks
Customize your cooking with the help of Masterbuilt MB20070210 MES 35B Electric Smoker. The smoker features three chrome-coated racks. The racks provide plenty of room so that you can use it to smoke two turkeys, three pork butts, three chickens, or three racks of ribs. Adding to that, it features a 1500watt heating element. With it, you can be sure to benefit from even and consistent smoking. The front access grease tray is another addition that catches excess food drippings. Also, there is a built-in temperature gauge that monitors the temperature of the cooking meat, and variable temperature control that lets you customize the temperature depending on the meal that is cooking.
- Adjustable air damper for efficient smoke control.
- The wood chip tray slides out easily for easy removal of the ash.
- A removable water bowl helps to add flavor and moisture.
5. Outdoor GAS Smoker – The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster and Grill By Char-Broil
This is a versatile machine designed to act as a roaster, smoker, and grill. It can cook different types of meat in the included roasting basket. The roaster offers 1200square inches of smoking and roasting area. Hence, you can use it to accommodate large cuts of meat for the best results. Asides that, it features 180 square inches of TRU infrared grilling surface so that it can deliver tender and juicy meat.
You can use the roaster to prepare different types of meat with an assurance of professional results. The reason is the adjustable temperature control ranging from 9000BTUs to 18000BTUs. Furthermore, the smoker features a side-mounted smoker box. The box can be accessed from the outside of the unit so that you can add wood chips without opening the lid. On the sides, the smoker features carrying handles 1so that you can move it around with a lot of ease.
- Removable grease tray for easy disposal and mess-free cleaning.
- Removable grill grate allows you to grill different types of food.
- Steel legs for added stability.
4. Masterbuilt GS30D 2 Door Propane Smokers, 30 Inches
Fourth in the review is Masterbuilt 20051311 GS30D Propane Smoker. It features four chrome-coated smoking racks. The racks offer a 717 square inch of cooking space. Hence, you can use it to prepare a lot of meat at a time. Asides that, it features a stainless steel burner, a hose, and regulator. With these, you can set up the smoker as soon as it arrives for fast food preparation. Another advantage is the electronic push-button igniter. Because of this, you can easily start up the smoker.
Better, there is a porcelain-coated wood chip tray and water pan. The tray holds the wood chips to guarantee easy cleanup. You can use the smoker to prepare a variety of foods with an assurance of optimal results. The reason is the built-in temperature gauge that lets you know whether the temperature inside is suitable for the food you are preparing. Also, the smoker is a perfect choice when you want to keep the heat and smoky flavor inside because of the locking door and inner liner.
- An air damper for better smoke control.
- Cool-touch wire handles eliminate the need for using protective hand accessories when you want to monitor the cooking.
- Removable wood chip tray and water pan for easy cleanup.
3. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PS40B Propane Smokers
Introducing Hollow PS40B, this is a propane smoker that features a stainless steel burner. The burner delivers 15,400BTUs for fast and even cooking results. Adding to that, the smoker features four chrome-coated smoking racks. The racks offer a large cooking area so that you can use it to smoke a lot of food at a time. Because of the adjustable air dumper, this is a perfect smoker when it comes to optimal smoke and moisture control. Furthermore, the smoker features a push-button igniter for fast and easy lighting.
- Included legs add height for easy access.
- Four smoking racks provide enough room for smoking.
- A stainless steel burner delivers hot and even heat.
Read more: Best Umbrella Covers Reviews
2. Camp Chef Smoke Vault Propane Smokers, 18 Inch
Expand your culinary horizons, whether you are an expert or beginner, with the help of Camp Chef 18in Smoke Vault. The unit features two adjustable smoking racks. As a result, you can adjust the cooking space based on the type of food you want to prepare. What’s more, it includes three adjustable damper valves. One is based on the top, and the other two on each of the sides. The smoker is a perfect choice for preparing different meals because of the adjustable temperatures ranging from 160° F to 400° F. Also, it is a great choice for a smoker that is easy to use because of the convenient matchless snap ignition.
- Heavy-gauge steel wood chip tray for mess-free cleaning.
- Door thermometer for easy adjustment of the temperatures.
- Protected burner drum for maximum heat control.
1. Cuisinart Vertical 36" Propane Smokers, COS-244
If you are looking for a compact propane smoker that can smoke a lot of meat at a time, I would recommend Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36", Propane Smoker. Although it features a compact size, it offers 5.45square feet of the interior so that you can get plenty of room to smoke a lot of meat. Asides that, the smoker features four 14” x 14” removable stainless steel shelves. The shelves can be removed or adjusted so that you can smoke big cuts of meats or whole birds. Another advantage of the smoker is the built-in thermometer.
The thermometer is placed on the front of the door for easy monitoring of the internal temperature. You can control the temperature and smoke level of the smoker, thanks to the adjustable gas supply. Also, the smoker features two doors and a rear vent for easy control of the heat and smoke. The porcelain-enameled steel tray holds the water and wood chips resulting in the easy cleanup. The 40” hose and regulator attaches to a standard propane tank to guarantee ease of use.
- The propane smoker comes with a recipe book.
- The door remains tightly sealed with a twist of the handle.
- Dishwasher safe racks for easy cleanup.
- The vertical footprint for a space-saving design.
The best propane smoker can take your barbecue experience to the next level. Whether you are looking for the best smoker for beef, pork, chicken, fish, or mutton, you can be sure to have made the right decision by buying the 10 best propane smokers reviewed in this article.