Potato Mashers come in handy as the best and hearty side that will sparkle your side plate. This is anyone’s favorite comfort food. Having the best-mashed potatoes with the perfect texture and feel drives you to get the ultimate masher. The texture is everything when preparing a plate of mashed potatoes as you plan to be achieving a tasty and right feel. This depends largely on the kind of potato masher you would be using.
This simple and yet very effective kitchen appliance comes with a sturdy handle and a flat base with holes to help mash potatoes. You will find the mashers in a variety of sizes and shapes accompanied by a manual to aid you in having the best texture for your mashed potatoes and some other foods like beans. We have lined up the best of the best mashers in 2022 to help you achieve the best side dish meal ever. It does not matter whether you are a pro or a novice at mashing, you just have to get the right partner to take care of this. The top 10 best picks highlighted below are highly efficient, easy to use, and highly recommended by the best chefs. Our list will aid you in making the perfect choice for each set of potato mashers.
Also read: Best Digital Picture Frames
List Of Top 10 Best Potato Mashers in 2022 Reviews
10. Cutco 1160 Potato Mashers
Praised for its sturdy silicon cushioned grip handle, the Cutco 1160 potato masher makes it to our top 10 best picks. The base has a unique design with holes that will give you the best mashing experience. Made with stainless steel and reinforced for durability, you will be excited just how perfect this potato masher was built to serve for longer periods. Apart from mashing potatoes, you can use it to mash a variety of fruits including, pumpkin pie, squash, and fruit cobbler.
- Light design for easy use.
- Stainless steel.
- Cutco is dishwasher safe.
- Soft and tight grip handle.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Mash a variety of other root vegetables.
- Not suitable for prolonged use.
9. Tablecraft (7418) 18” Stainless Steel Potato Mashers
With a compact and simple design, this stainless steel potato masher from Tablecraft made it to our top ten list. The handle is made up of stainless steel perfectly reinforced to give you the much-desired confidence in the kitchen. A unique zig-zag base is perfect for a seamless unmatched mashing experience that will give your mashed potatoes the desired texture. If you love your potatoes with a grainy feel, this is the right choice for you as the zig-zag mashing base will handle it better.
Make use of the perfect square face finish that makes it easy for you to mash your potatoes due to a wide surface area.
- The zig-zag base for seamless mashing.
- Reinforced handle.
- Simple and durable.
- Light handle works with minimal effort.
- It does not rust.
- Easy to clean.
- Dishwasher safe.
- The long handle fits perfect in cooking pots.
- The handle may be slippery during mashing.
- Will not allow you to mash lots of potatoes at once.
8. P8. Tablecraft (7412) 12″ Diamond Face Potato Mashers
Just like the stainless-steel potato masher, the diamond face potato masher has a compact and simple design with a wide base and stainless steel to give you the perfect mashing experience. It is all about the diamond wave-like mashing base that delivers the mashing action for the perfect texture.
The diamond face masher is simple to use as you will only need to dive directly into the action. Plus, the simple stainless design is easy to wash owing to the zig-zag base feature of the masher. You will be all set by easily giving it a wash in your dishwasher for just a few minutes to move on to your next set of potatoes. The diamond shape zig-zag base perfectly mashes potatoes at the edges of your pots or bowls. You can also expect perfect results when used with wooden bowls or pots.
- Diamond face for a better mashing experience.
- The design makes it easy to use with wooden bowls.
- It does not scar your wooden bowls.
- Easy to wash.
- Delivers a perfect mashing experience as it reaches the edges of your pots.
- The handle is long enough to work with any pots.
- The handle might be slippery.
- Not suitable for a smooth mash.
7. Mud Puree Vegetable Fruit Press Maker Garlic Presser
For anyone looking to buy this type of masher, the stylishly simple design is built for longevity and ease of use. While giving you the best mashing experience, it is easy to clean and use. It is recommended for mashing potatoes, apple sauce, or any other juice fruit. The stainless steel handle and material makes it sturdy and can be dish-washed.
Interestingly, using this masher makes things easy for you. For example, you can mash potatoes without peeling them as it will sieve and allow the skin to remain and pulp to sift through. This sounds cool! The result will be rich and creamy mashed potatoes for a delicious side plate. The handle is designed to enable you to apply effortless pressure preventing you from tiring after mashing. You just need to scoop some potatoes, place them in, close the lid and exert little pressure to get the best texture in your mashed potatoes.
- Contains a lid for perfect mashing.
- Can mash boiled potatoes that have not been pilled.
- Perfect for creamy mashes.
- Long handle for agility.
- Easy to wash.
- Not suitable for grainy mashes.
6. Potato Ricer and Masher, Stainless Steel Manual Fruits and Vegetables Masher
Just like the Mud Puree Vegetable Fruit Press masher, the heavy-duty potato masher was built for excellence. On the contrary, you will realize that this masher has a larger bowel to accommodate more potatoes. This masher is simply too good as it allows you to confidently mash your pumpkins, yams, lemons, and other root vegetables. Because of its sturdy design, it gives the perfect mashing experience leaving you with the finest mashed potatoes.
Made up of stainless high-quality material, rust-free, sturdy, and durable for longevity this is your next sure purchase. Plus, you get a longer handle perfect for easier mashing saving you on time. It is dynamic, as it will be fit for use on various occasions at home, or for commercial purposes.
- High-grade stainless steel for durability.
- Versatile for home and commercial use.
- Ease of use.
- Long handle to ensure perfect mashing.
- The large bowl can accommodate more potatoes.
- Made of stainless steel for durability.
- Easy to wash and safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- If poorly handled can pinch your fingers.
5. ZYLISS Potato Masher, Stainless Steel
Among the top potato mashes, please find the Zyliss potato masher, and just like any other mashers discussed above, it was uniquely crafted with highly durable stainless steel to give you service. Zyliss is one of the best brands that offer various types of potato mashes to people with different preferences. The handle is designed to make your work easier and gives you a comfortable touch when working on your potatoes.
The handle has been innovatively designed with contours spotting silicon cushions to give you a smooth and soft grip.
The only thing you need to worry about this potato masher is making it work for you. The stainless steel design is rustproof and was built to endure stress giving you longevity. The loophole on the top will allow you to hook it perfectly to dry. Attain seamless mashing by utilizing the nicely done holes that leave your mixture with the perfect texture.
- Hook for hanging and storage.
- Sturdy base for perfect mashing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Perfect for creamy mashed potatoes.
- Has a scraper to scrape your bowl of any remaining waste.
- Durable and sturdy handle to deliver perfect mashes.
- The short handle might not fit in some bowls.
- The base might not mash along the edges of some bowls.
4. Soltam Professional Cookware Space Saving Foldable Masher
You will enjoy using the foldable potato masher from Soltam. Soltam products have been tested for quality and performance in the kitchen.
After purchasing this masher, you will be amazed at how innovative the manufacturer designed it. It was designed to last while giving you quality service in the kitchen. The unique foldable base has nicely done holes that will deliver uniform mashes in your pot or bowl. Plus, the foldable base will allow you to store this potato masher almost anywhere in the kitchen saving you space.
It allows you to mash a wide variety of root vegetables including beans. The durable stainless steel design makes it rust-free, crack-free simply an assurance for longevity. Also, the handle comes as a plus as it is 11 inches long fitting in the deepest pots you may be having in your kitchen. After mashing your potatoes, you can simply toss it in your dishwasher in readiness for your next mashing experience as it is dishwasher safe.
- Dishwasher safe potato masher.
- Stainless steel material for sturdiness and durability.
- Seamless mashing.
- Foldable base for easy storage.
- Plastic lining for a tight and soft grip.
- Easy to
- Maybe a little harder to clean.
- Not suitable for creamy mashed potatoes.
3. Winco PTMP-18R 4-Inch by 18-Inch Round Potato Mashers with Plastic Handle
Just like Soltam, Winco is among the leading manufacturer of innovative kitchenware. You will love the perfectly reinforced chrome plastic handle that makes it easier to mash your potatoes without feeling tired or weary. Also, the masher has a heavy-duty stainless-steel reinforcement as the base which delivers good mashing effort. The meshwork base comes in handy to make sure your potatoes are creamy and textured to your preferred feel.
The long handle makes you work with almost any bowl or pot. Also, make use of the even base designed to uniformly mash the base of your pot or bowl.
- Long and plastic textured handle for a firm grip.
- Stainless steel material for durability.
- High-quality product.
- Easy to use.
- Delivers uniform mashing experience.
- Dishwasher safe was hence easy to wash.
- It May not be good for mashing creamy potatoes.
2. Winco PTMP-24S 5.25-Inch by 24-Inch Square Potato Masher, Poly Propylene Handle
Just like the above potato masher, the 24-inch square potato masher has a polypropylene handle for sturdiness. This takes away the fear of breakages during your normal food preparation process. The handle is long to deliver a seamless mashing experience with any type of mashing bowls or pots. The soft textured handle allows for easier mixing of the final mashed creamy potatoes.
The masher is designed with a mesh square bottom to perfectly mash boiled potatoes with each thrust. You will realize that the corners or edges are perfectly designed to mash the sides of your pot or bowl.
- Polypropylene handle for sturdiness.
- Long handle for easier mashing.
- It can be used for professional cooking.
- Easy to wash as it is dishwasher safe.
- Easy to use.
- Good for creamy mashed potatoes.
- May not deliver uniform mashing experience.
1. Lurch Germany Stainless Steel Potato Mashers
On top of our list comes the crème del a crème! Lurch Germany stainless steel potato masher is the best in its class. The unique design, pure stainless-steel material, and sturdy handle make it your most preferred masher. This masher has a broad head that delivers a mashing experience like no other. It will perfectly reach the base of your pot or bowl for seamless mashing while its horizontal sturdy handle makes it easier to handle.
Results say it all and perfect results command respect and loyalty. You will love working with the oval base of this masher as it will mash your boiled potatoes for a creamy texture.
- Large handle for best mashing experience.
- Stainless steel to last you longer.
- Easy to use.
- Dishwasher safe is hence easy to clean.
- The base has nicely finished holes for creamy mashed potatoes.
- The shorter handle may not work on some pots or bowls.
Consider the following before buying a potato masher.
Value for money. You need to get the right masher at the right price. Do not go for overpriced mashers. If you are a regular user, invest in a masher that will serve you for a longer period. Buy a masher that can withstand the pressure of a bigger family or a bigger commercial setting
Size matters. Mashing more potatoes means getting a bigger masher. If you plan to mash more potatoes, it is highly recommended to get a bigger masher.
3. Type of the handle
This partly answers the durability question. A sturdy handle will give you quality service for a long. I find metal handles durable enough although silicon or plastic candles have a comfortable feel and are easier to work with. Also, look for a masher with non-slip material as this allows you to comfortably grip the masher.
It is this simple, look for a masher that can be cleaned in a dishwasher. This will make your work easier as the dishwasher perfectly removes traces of mashed potatoes or veggies and kills germs.
5. Type of mashing plate
The mashing plate really defines the kind of masher you need to buy. This largely depends on the type of texture you want as a person. From the above different types of mashers, you can tell which base is perfect for a creamy texture.
All potato mashers above are perfect. It all depends on what you are looking for. It is of great importance to keenly examine the handle when going for one. The handle is quality assurance to easier and straight forward mashing experience. Also, you need to look for a budget-friendly potato masher that can perfectly work for you. A simple, durable, and high-quality masher will work for you. You can surf the web for any other potato mashers you feel can work better.
Read more: Best Video Conference Cameras