Hunting jackets are important parts of a hunter’s gear. They provide you with protection from the weather, animals, and insects, and they can also assist you in staying safe during your hunting expedition. These jackets are usually constructed from a wide variety of materials, and they also come in different patterns and colors. That will not only make it pretty easy to find one that best suits your style or preferences, but also the type of animals and the place you are hunting. When you are shopping for hunting jackets, you should consider going for a jacket that can offer you enough storage and many other handy features as well. Some of the other things you should look for in a hunter’s jacket are adjustable hoodies, zippers, and some adjustable wrist straps.
Due to the wide variety of materials, colors, textures, selecting the best jacket to suit your needs can be a daunting task. Below you can find informative reviews of some of the best hunting jackets you will find on the market and well as their special features to help you make an informed selection during your purchase.
Table of The Best Waterproof Hunting Jackets Reviews
10. NEW VIEW Hunting Jackets, Water Resistant Hunting Camouflage Hooded for Men
This jacket by New View comes with a camouflage design that allows you to blend in. Nevertheless, you can also get this hunting gear in military colors as well. This jacket has a pretty softshell that is made with sharkskin fabric. It is lightweight, weatherproof, and wrinkle-free. Furthermore, it’s also breathable for additional comfort.
The jacket also has a pretty warm fleece lining, which protects you from cold weather. Again, it has some armpit zippers that offer you good ventilation. Generally, this jacket holds up quite well to any weather conditions. Moreover, the jacket comes with six pockets for easy storage. This hunting jacket also provides you with the option of a pair of matching pants. Therefore, if you would like total protection from your head to the feet, you can consider purchasing the pants too.
- Weatherproof and soft sharkskin shell that protects you from the rain and wind.
- Warm fleece interior that insulates you from harsh weather.
- armpit zippers that provide excellent ventilation.
- A lot of pockets that enable you to store all your essential items.
- It has a pants option for total protection.
- It comes with a hidden hoody that gives you extra protection when needed.
Read more: Best Deer Feeders Reviews
9. Carhartt Big Boys Active Jackets – Waterproof Hunting Jacket
Carhartt’s Active Jacket provides you with iron-clad comfort and unmatched durability because it’s designed from 12oz. Cotton duck. It has triple-stitched seams that enhance durability and a quilted lining made from 100% polyester for wind-cheating warmth. This beautiful-looking canvas jacket also comes with a brushed tricot hood and front pockets as well as ribbed hem and cuffs. For maximum comfort from the beginning, it is garment washed, and it also features a Carhartt leather brandmark label on its front pocket.
- Quilted brushed lining made from 100% polyester.
- 100% polyester quilted lined sleeves.
- Designed from 100% and 12-oz., cotton duck.
- Triple-stitched seams for enhanced durability.
- Garment washed.
- Ribbed cotton trim.
8. ScentLok Men’s Hunting Jackets
This jacket utilizes the current technology to provide you with total protection throughout the year. It comes with a scent control system, which is one of its amazing features. The jacket utilizes carbon alloy to engross odors and also keeps you undetected by the animals. Again, it comes with the NeverWet superhydrophobic treatment that assists in repelling oil and water to keep you completely dry. The other excellent feature of this jacket is the soft micro-tricot shell. For the biggest part, it allows you to make quiet movements during your hunting expeditions. It has moisture-wicking and micro-fleece lining to keep you dry and cool. What’s more, the hunter’s jacket also comes with a deep pocket on the left side to help you conceal a small gun.
- Micro-tricot shell that enables you to move quietly.
- Super-hydrophobic treatment that keeps you dry, even under heavy downpours.
- Moisture-wicking lining that draws sweat from your body.
- Carbon alloy that absorbs odors.
7. Eglemall Men’s Hunting Jacket – Outdoor Waterproof Jackets
This product features a functional jacket for hunting that you can select due to its appealing design and looks. It comes with a drawstring waist that keeps your fit well secured, and the wrist cuffs have an elastic loop and hook adjustments for convenience. Aside from having a pretty soft shark shell fabric, this hunting jacket also repels water and does not wrinkle or shrink. Furthermore, when you want more air, you can use the pit zips to enhance ventilation. The fabric used to make this jacket is quick to dry, and it has a relaxed fit pattern that keeps you comfortable in every situation.
- It has a three-layered construction with waterproof PU, spandex, and an index layer.
- You can attach additional patches since it has a loop and hook on each shoulder.
- Relaxed-fit in quick-dry material to keep you warm.
- It is a waterproof and lightweight jacket ideal for hunting.
Read more: Best Life Vests Reviews
6. Carhartt Women’s Active Jackets
This product is one of the best feature-packed jackets for hunting. It is made from 100-percent cotton duck and real tree camouflage patterns. It has a quilted-flannel lining in the body, making it incredibly dry and warm on the hunt. Again, the jacket has an attached end quilted-flannel hood with a draw-cord closure that’s fully adjustable to suit various hunting situations. The quilted-nylon wrist closures offer more protection against rain and wind. For the record, this jacket has a brushed tricot fabric. Therefore, it’s quiet and durable to provide years of use.
- 100-percent cotton duck.
- Two big lower-front pockets.
- Quilted-flannel lined hoodie with draw-cord closure.
- Real tree camouflage patterns.
- Quilted-flannel lining in its body as well as quilted-nylon lining in its sleeves.
5. Classic Cotton Insulated Jacket Realtree Edge By King’s Camo
This hunting jacket is designed using a rugged ripstop cotton material. It is an ideal selection that you can wear in the jungle and feel safe. Moreover, the pattern used with the extended back makes it pretty easy to keep your items in reach to avoid getting distracted looking for tools. Again, there are two big pockets in the inside where you can place more important tools or papers.
- Extended Back.
- Attached Drawstring Hood.
- Designed with hand warming pockets and side entries.
- A lot of pockets to give you ample room to keep essentials.
- It has polyfill insulation for enhanced protection against cold.
4. Men’s Mid Weight Soft Shell Hunting Jacket By Huntworth
This hunter’s jacket is a 100% breathable mesh material, and it performs at its peak whenever you want it to. In normal cases having a jacket that’s not lined may look like a negative, but it usually makes this jacket an ideal piece on top of all other layers. It both wind- and water-proof, which means it will keep all harsh elements a bay while maintaining the warmth inside. The camo patterns on this jacket effectively conceal you from any animal on your way.
It comes with a three-piece hood that enables you to have a full peripheral view meaning you will never miss anything. When you don’t require extra coverage, you can remove the zip from the hood. The articulated arms allow for exceptional mobility, and the three big side pockets and a chest pocket enables you to keep your personal and hunting gear handy easily.
- It is made with a triple-layer material.
- It has a wind- and waterproof film.
- Chest pocket and three big pockets for holding items.
- Microban antimicrobial protection to control your odor.
3. Mossy Oak Men’s Hunting Jackets, Camouflage Clothes
This unique jacket offers enough security without added bulk. Anyone choosing Mossy Oak jacket should have to pair it with a dense or lighter base layer that can be used in all seasons. The exceptional make of the jacket with a 390g micro-fleece surface material, quiet and soft, is a guarantee of comfort. One can also close it when at a close range to the prey. It is also protective against light rain and snow, with its inner fluffy and soft materials keeping you warm. The jacket is highly fashionable, with an attached reflective jacket to enhance safety.
- It has a 390 grams micro-fleece shell that enhances stealth.
- 3-inches drop-tail fold that improves back coverage and provides added protection.
- Its design, athletic cut-stretch, guarantees a comfy fit.
- Incorporated reflective vest meant to ensure added safety.
Read more: Best Fishing Rod Racks Reviews
2. Men’s Hooded Tactical Jacket Water Resistant Soft Shell Outwear Coat By MAGCOMSEN
MAGCOMSEN Hunting Jacket is made using a Shark Skin and softshell material with a warm inner fleece lining. It is windproof, waterproof, Thermal, and breathable as well. The drawstring waist and the hood make this jacket thermal and windproof. And the hood of the jacket is concealed and non-detachable.
The hunter’s jacket comes with two back zipper pockets and two high chest pockets where you can keep some large items like the map and gloves, two sleeve pockets, where you can put your cellphone and mp3. There are two hook & loop tapes, and you can select the badge you like. You can also use the forearm pocket located on the left arm to keep keys and other small accessories. The vent zippers under every arm make the jacket more breathable to keep you comfortable.
- Lightweight and softshell for added comfort.
- It has a tactical design.
- Vent zippers under the arms making it breathable.
- Concealed hood.
1. ReFire Outdoor Hunting Coat – Men’s Soft Shell Military Tactical Jacket
You can take your hunting sessions to a new dimension with this camouflage jacket that blends in with the environment in a great way. The jacket’s outer shell has spandex and polyester lining that guarantees you with the great performance you might require. Apart from that, the zipper closure is perfect in every sense when it comes to easy access, Again, the interior has a warm fleece lining that is not heavy. In addition to the impressive features mentioned, the whole jacket is windproof and waterproof as well, which means you will never be uncomfortable even in extreme temperatures.
- Military tactical design.
- Adjustable wrist cuff to give you the secure fit you want.
- Vented zippers in the underarms.
- The arms come with large Velcros to help you attach more patches.
- Waterproof and windproof to keep you comfortable.