Portable Closets can mean a lot. Especially when you need the space to store your clothes, shoes and blankets. When you turn to one of the top 10 best portable closets in 2022, you are adding that extra space and making sure you have a spot that is all your own.
These portable closets unfold nicely and bring your items a lot of protection. Plus, they are very durable and good looking. Once your items are inside, you can relax knowing your space has your things inside and they are safe.
List of Best Portable Closeth Review
10. YOUUD Closet Portable Closet
You can get organized once you have set this portable closet up where you need it. It doesn’t matter which room you place it in, this closet gives you 67 by 44 by 18 inches of extra storage space.
Made from waterproof fabric that goes over stainless-steel poles. Then those poles go into plastic connectors to make sure your clothes are safe. Then when you do not need it, everything comes apart easily and the fabric folds up nice and small for storing.
This closet is durable and a great asset to your home
- Large size
- Easy to assemble
- Good zipper closures
- Instructions may be hard to follow
9. Whitmor Portable Wardrobe Clothes Closet
This single door portable closet has a tough zipper closure. After you get your clothes inside, you can zip the door closed till you need those shirts and pants again. This portable closet is also great for storing out of season items.
Also, this 64 by 36 by 10-inch portable closet comes with washable fabric and plastic feet to protect your floors. Once it is assembled it can hold about 80 pounds of clothes at one time.
Then its portable nature lets you hang your clothes where you want them.
- Very versatile placement options
- Made from washable fabric
- Protective feet
- Zipper may be weak
8. SONGMICS Portable Clothes Closet
This 69 by 59 by 18-inch approx., portable clothes closet has just about everything you need. A separate hanger system for his and her clothes. Plus, you get about 9 shelves to place shoes, hats and other clothing accessories.
On top of that, no tools are required to put this closet together. After the assembly is done, you can place this closet in your garage, basement, attic or wherever you need it. Then the waterproof fabric keeps the moisture out protecting your clothes from mold and mildew.
- Waterproof protection
- Steel assembly poles
- 9 shelves
- Should have an anchor system
7. YOUUD Wardrobe Storage Closet
It is a fact that women have a lot of clothes and clothing accessories. To help them store al their clothes without using a trunk, you need this top portable closet. It comes with 4 hanging sections and 4 shelves.
Also, once you have this closet together, you get 67 by 52 by 18 inches of storage space that you didn’t have before. Plastic connectors hold the sturdy metal rods in place and provide the strength you need to store your extra clothes.
- More rods for stability
- Sturdy plastic feet
- Ample room
- Instructions are not that great
6. AmazonBasics Garment Hanging Rolling Rack
Wheels help. The tough castor wheels on this portable closet let you move your clothes from room to room with ease. On top of that, you get very sturdy clothes to rack to hang your unneeded jackets, etc.
Then this chrome-plated garment rack goes together in about 15 minutes. No tools are needed to assemble this unit. The closet measures about 70 by 35 by 17 inches in size. You should have more than enough room and lots of mobility when you choose this closet for your clothes and accessories.
- Good castor wheels
- Strong chrome finish
- Easy to use
- Parts may become wobbly after some use
5. Whitmor Clothes Closet
This stylish and good-looking clothes closet comes with nice protective feet. You can place this portable closet anywhere and not worry about damaging your floors. In addition to that feature, the breathable fabric helps keep clothes fresh.
Measuring about 64 by 36 by 20 inches in size, you can get a lot of your clothes inside. The zipper closure makes sure what you put inside stays inside. On top of all that this portable closet can stand in a small corner without clashing with your room’s décor.
- Large access door
- Breathable fabric
- Fabric is not long lasting
4. SONGMICS 59 Inch Portable Clothes Closet
You cannot complain about a lack of shelf space when you assemble this closet. Once you get it home and put together, you will have about 12 shelves to store sweaters, gloves and much more. Each of the 3 compartments comes with its own zippered door.
After you put the metal rods into the plastic connectors, this portable closet should stand 69 by 59 by 18 inches in size. The waterproof construction fabric goes the extra mile to keep your clothes free from mold and mildew. Dust is kept outside as well.
- 3 individual compartments
- 12 shelves
- Zippered dust covers
- Not pet proof
3. Whitmor Extra-Wide Clothes Closet
This all white portable clothes closet may blind you when the light hits it. Once you are past the bright glare, you get a 60-inch wide closet to hold your clothes. Its 64 by 19-inch other dimensions make sure you have lots of space to fill.
In addition to that, the plastic feet protect your floors and help keep this freestanding closet stable 9 feet make sure there is no wobble once you use this closet. On top of that, it will hold about 50 pounds of clothes for you.
- Holds 50 pounds easily
- Large dimensions
- 9 feet for stability
- Zipper may fray soon after use
2. Simple Houseware Clothing Garment Rack
Move this portable and mobile clothes rack wherever you want it. Its strong castor wheels hold a lot of weight, then transport your clothes to where you want them without complaint. On top of that, the top bar extends another 14 inches approx.
Not only do you get that extra space, but you also get enough space to hang a lot of clothing son this 40 by 16 by 62-inch portable clothes closet. Then when you do not need it, it folds up nice and small for easy storage. Unfolds nice and easy as well.
- Easy folding and unfolding system
- Extendable top rack
- 3-inch caster wheels
- Wheels do not lock in place
1. Whitmor Deluxe Utility Closet
6 shelves combine together to help give you a lot of extra storage space. If not for your clothes, then your pillows, blankets and other unneeded items. On top of that, you get 2 very large clothes hanger to hang your clothes on.
Also, this 68 by 45 by 19-inch portable clothes rack comes with sturdy feet to help hold all the weight you put inside. This closet should not wobble when you use it. Then the breathable fabric and zipper closure help keep your clothes in top shape for when you need them again.
- Breathable fabric
- 5 good shelves
- 2 clothes hangers
- May be difficult to assemble
Our portable closet buying guide
You need to have a few guidelines to help you find one of the top 10 best portable closets in 2022. Here they are:
- Weight capacity: the more weight you can put inside the better. The best portable closets should hold 50 pounds or more with ease.
- Fabric: you want a breathable yet waterproof fabric that protects your clothes from mildew and mold. The fabric should be tough and durable able to withstand a cat’s claw.
- Closures: look at the zipper and make sure it is durable as well as strong. Then look at the stitching to make sure the zipper won’t come apart on you after only a few uses.
- Shelves: not all top portable closets will have shelves, but if you can find them get as many as you can without sacrificing hanging space.
- Mobility: along with being portable, having wheels is a good thing. It makes relocating the closet easy and without having to disassemble or reassembling it.
- Stability: look at the feet to make sure they will hold the portable closet without wobbling or titling. Then double check to make sure they won’t scratch your floors.
Some final words
Having extra closet space without spending a lot of money on renovating your home is a smart move to make. These top 10 best portable closets in 2022 hep you save your money as well as your extra clothes.
They give you top storage space without any hassles. Assembly is usually easy, and you can use them in just about any room in your home. You will also be prepared when surprise guests show up on your door.