Are you looking for the best mountain bike shorts? Whether you are a novice looking for your first pair of shorts or an expert who wants to upgrade your drawer, finding the perfect pair isn’t an easy task, the reason I would recommend that you have a look at this review. While coming up with a list of the twenty best MTB shorts, we Considered the fit, durability, features aimed at enhancing user comfort, protection, and the moisture-wicking ability. Read on as you look forward to making the best purchase.
List Of Best Mountain Bike Shorts In 2020 Reviews On Amazon.Com
20. XGC Men’s Cycling Shorts
The XGC Cycling Shorts are high-quality shorts made using 95%polyester and 5% spandex. These fabrics are durable and stretchy for a comfortable wearing experience. Moreover, the materials are highly breathable and designed to dry fast. As a result, you can expect it to draw sweat away from the skin, enabling you to stay cool while riding. Featuring an elastic design, the shorts are comfortable to wear to help you cycle freely. Better, the non-restrictive design makes them suitable for use in all cycling environments, including regular roads, mountainous areas, or downhill.
- Reflective logos are highly visible at night.
- Elastic waist and fabric offer a perfect fit.
- High-quality sewing enhances durability.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking fabric for user comfort
- High-quality material.
- Beautiful colours.
- Well-made and soft
- Plenty of easily accessible pockets.
- Limited colour choices.
19. Souke Sports Men’s Mountain Bike Biking Shorts
These are flexible and durable MTB shorts. Made using 95%polyester and 5% spandex, the shorts are durable, flexible, and comfortable to wear. That not all, but the stretch fabric incorporates stretch panels down the legs. This guarantees excellent mobility and freedom of movement for easy cycling. You can use the biking shorts to secure your phone and other small essentials, thanks to the two front hand pockets and two leg zip pockets. Besides that, the shorts include reflective tabs on the front and rear for more visibility.
- 4-way stretch fabric features stretch panels for added flexibility.
- Double-snap closure for a secure fit.
- Two deep front pockets for essential items and valuables.
- Reinforced crotch seams for on-trail durability.
- Durable and lightweight.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking.
- Large leg zip pockets feature a reflective strip.
- The shorts are visible at night because of the reflective logo.
- No padding/liner.
- The hip pockets are too small to carry anything.
18. ARSUXEO Outdoor Sports Men’s MTB Cycling Shorts
Made using 92% polyester and 8% spandex, these are durable and highly-flexible cycling shorts. The shorts include four zipper pockets for the safe storage of different essentials. Also, they include a reflective brand logo to enhance visibility in the dark. Equipped with breathable holes, you can expect them to keep you cool and dry while cycling. A width-adjustable waistband is another addition that offers a secure fit for a comfortable wearing experience
- Lots of breathable holes for faster drying.
- Slim-fit and lightweight fabric for comfortable wear.
- Four zipper pockets for safe and secure storage.
- Water-resistant fabric keeps you dry.
- The shorts fit perfectly.
- Breathable and fast-drying fabrics.
- Comfortable padding.
- Ultra-soft and lightweight.
- The size runs small.
- Low-quality zippers.
17. FASTHOUSE Ripper MTB Short
The Ripper MTB shorts are made using 97% polyester and 3% elastane. Equipped with Velcro side adjusters with an adjustable ratchet closure, you can expect them to offer a secure and comfortable fit around the waist. Better, there are 2-way stretch panels designed to provide exceptional comfort and maneuverability. The shorts can handle the rain, dirt, and mud, thanks to the water-repellent finish. Moreover, perforated front and back panels enhance ventilation to keep you dry while cycling.
- Perforated front and back panel for ventilation.
- Water-repellant finish handles the mud, rain, and dirt.
- Durable and breathable fabrics.
- The shorts are comfortable to wear.
- Breathable fabric offers a fast-drying experience.
- Limited colour options.
16. Cycorld Men’s MTB Biking Baggy Padded Cycling Short
Acquire adequate protection while riding your bike after wearing Cycorld Men’s Cycling Shorts. The shorts incorporate high-quality, lightweight, and breathable fabrics to keep you dry and comfortable. Additionally, the shorts are padded. Because of this, you can use them while riding on bumpy roads with comfort assurance.
Another benefit of the shorts is the six pockets. Four include SBS zippers for the safe storage of essential items. Besides that, the waist incorporates a stable button and YKK zippers for a secure and guaranteed fit. You can take advantage of the elastic waistband and adjustable Velcro to adjust the fit. Because of the stretchable material, these shorts can offer the best fit and freedom of movement.
- High-quality fabrics enhance strength.
- Air-channels for better breathability.
- 3D foam gel pad reduces shock.
- Deep pockets.
- Easy to wash.
- Waterproof zippers keep water out.
- The shorts fit securely and comfortably.
- The sizing runs small.
15. BERGRISAR MTB Mountain Bike Bicycle Shorts
Responding to the need for durable, lightweight, and ultrasoft mountain bike shorts is Bergrisar Bicycle Shorts. Made using 92% polyester and 8%spandex, they are durable and stretchy. Additionally, the shorts include an elastic waistband. The band integrates a magnetic tape for a comfortable fit. You can expect the shorts to keep you dry and comfortable, thanks to the water-resistant and anti-sweat fabric. Also, the shorts include six pockets, with four being zippered for the secure storage of items. The 4-way stretch fabric is another addition to enhance the range of your motion.
- 4-way stretch fabric enhances flexibility.
- Six pockets guarantee the secure storage of essential items.
- The magnetic tape on the elastic waistband for fast and easy adjustment.
- Ultra-soft fabric guarantees comfort.
- The shorts are water-resistant.
- Comfortable to wear.
- An included button and tape closure offer a secure double closure.
- Inadequate belt loops.
- Small front pockets.
14. TOMSHOO Men’s Baggy Cycling Shorts
Whether you are looking for the best shorts for cycling or running, you can be sure to make the right purchase after buying Tomshoo Men’s Baggy Cycling Shorts. Made using 100% Polyester fabric, the shorts are moisture-wicking and breathable for a dry and comfortable wearing experience. Asides that, they integrate an elastic waistband. With it, you can expect a better fit and pleasant wearing experience. Equipped with five pockets (two hand pockets and three zippered pockets), the shorts are perfect when you want to carry personal stuff securely.
- A snap front closure offers a comfortable and secure wearing experience.
- Zippered side and back pockets.
- Ventilated mesh panels in the pockets for added comfort and breathability.
- Wide belt loops accommodate a range of belts.
- Plenty of pockets.
- The shorts are comfortable and fast drying.
- Strong front closure.
- The waist is not adjustable.
- Limited colour options.
13. Wespornow Men’s-Mountain-Bike-Shorts
These are multipurpose shorts. You can wear them while hiking, walking, climbing, camping, or as a daily attire. The shorts include four deep pockets. You can use the pockets for the secure storage of small belongings. Also, it incorporates yarn-dyed fabrics. These enhance durability and user comfort. Because of the fabrics’ breathability, you can expect the shorts to keep you cool and dry. Better, the shorts integrate reflective strips to assure you of safety in low-lit areas.
- Deep pockets ensure the safety of the stored items.
- Strong Velcro button for a secure fit.
- Elastic waist for a comfortable and secure fit.
- The belt loops and adjustable Velcro offer a perfect fit.
- Strong YKK zippers.
- The breathable material draws sweat away.
- High-quality and stretchy materials
- Easy to clean.
- No padding.
- The sizing tends to be off.
12. Hiauspor Mens MTB Shorts Mountain Bike Shorts
Designed for all types of outdoor sports, these MTB shorts feature 92% polyester and 8% spandex. Also, the shorts feature a 4-way stretch cationic yarn-dyed fabric. This fabric offers a perfect stretch for the best range of movement. Equipped with high-visibility reflective strips, these shorts are perfect for safe night-time riding. Also, the shorts include four spacious zippered pockets. The pockets can store different accessories so that you can use them to carry a wallet, phone, and keys.
- High-quality stitching guarantees durability.
- The elastic waist offers a comfortable and secure fit.
- The reflective strip enhances visibility in the dark.
- Water repellant fabric.
- Well-made and comfortable.
- Breathable fabrics.
- The shorts include double buttons for a secure wearing experience.
- No back pockets.
- Front pockets are a little bit small.
11. Urban Cycling Apparel the Single Tracker – Mountain Bike MTB Shorts
The Urban Cycling Apparel MTB Shorts are durable mountain bike shorts made using Water-resistant Cordura. Cleverly designed, the shorts include smartphone pockets that protect your devices from elements. Also, the shorts feature double stitching on all panels and pockets. Hence, you can acquire them when looking for durable MTB shorts. Designed with an under-panel, the shorts can eliminate rubbing while riding to assure you of comfortable riding experience.
- Deep and zippered cargo pockets for the secure storage of valuables.
- G-Tex 3D padded design ensures comfort.
- Water-resistant Cordura keeps you dry.
- Comfortable fabrics.
- Lots of pockets.
- The shorts fit nicely.
- High-quality stitching.
- Low-quality zippers.
- Limited breathability.
10. Cycorld Men’s Mountain Biking Shorts
Suitable for all types of biking, these are loose-fitting shorts ideal for use on regular roads, downhill, mountainous areas, or as a daily outfit. The MTB shorts are made using cationic yarn-dyed fabrics. These are durable and reliable to help you cycle freely. Asides that, the fabric is breathable. As a result, it can keep you cool and dry for the best riding experience. Fitted with reflective strips on both sides, the shorts are safe to wear in low-lit areas. Also, there are adjustable Velcro straps to offer a secure fit for different individuals.
- Adjustable Velcro for a secure fit.
- High-quality YKK zippers.
- High-quality Cationic Yarn-dyed fabrics.
- Advanced flatlock seam reduces chafing.
- Front and leg pockets offer enough room for small items.
- Durable and reliable fabrics.
- Adjustable waist Velcro for a secure fit.
- The reflective seam improves visibility.
- The sizing runs small.
- Small front pockets.
9. BALEAF Men’s Mountain Bike Shorts
Made using 92% polyester and 8% elastane, these are durable mountain bike shorts that incorporate highly breathable materials. These materials can draw sweat away from the skin to help you stay cool while riding. Moreover, the shorts integrate a reflective logo. The logo keeps you visible in low-lit areas to guarantee user safety.
Equipped with an elastic waistband with an inner drawcord, you can adjust the fit for a secure fit. Asides that, there are two zippered pockets and a Velcro pocket. With these, you can be sure to get safe storage for a mobile phone and other necessities. The 3D foam pad is another addition. With it, you can be sure to remain comfortable, given the ability to absorb vibrations.
- 4-way stretch lightweight fabric.
- Rearward loading pockets hold items securely.
- Well-positioned seams eliminate the chances of rubbing.
- Built-in 3D Chamois inserts offer a comfortable ride
- The padded design enhances comfort.
- Mesh ventilation enhances breathability.
- Quick-drying and moisture-wicking fabrics keep sweat away from the body.
- The liner isn’t removable.
8. Urban Cycling Apparel the Single Tracker-Mountain Bike Cargo Shorts
These are high-quality cargo shorts made using water-resistant Cordura. The shorts integrate a comfortable, antibacterial pad. Ergonomically designed, the pad enhances comfort while wicking away excess moisture. Designed to last, the shorts include double stitching on all panels and pockets. Plus, it includes zippered pockets. As a result, you can expect to get the right position to place essential items.
- Water-resistant Cordura wicks away sweat.
- Seamless under padding eliminates rubbing.
- Deep cargo pockets for the secure storage of valuables.
- The shorts dry fast.
- Hypoallergenic and, therefore, safe when worn by allergic people.
- The padded lining is removable.
- Plenty of pockets with zippers.
- Easy to wash.
- The sizing runs smaller.
- Tight thigh pockets are difficult to access.
7. Cycorld Men’s Mountain Bike Biking Shorts
These shorts adopt quick-dry and lightweight fabrics. They are fitted with six pockets (4 SBS zipper leg pockets and two front pockets) for the secure storage of valuable items. An elastic waistband features adjustable Velcro to offer a secure fit. The waist area includes a button and YKK zippers. This means that you can benefit from reliable wearing without the fear that the zipper will get stuck or broken. What’s more, a reflective design on the leg pockets enhances safety while riding on a late evening or early morning.
- YKK button and Velcro button for a secure wearing experience.
- A unique reflective strip enhances safety while riding in the night.
- High-quality fabrics for durability.
- Belt loops to fit a belt.
- Breathable channels on the padding enhance comfort.
- The shorts feature high-quality stitching.
- Fast-drying fabrics.
- An adjustable waist Velcro offers a sure fit.
- Easily-accessible pockets.
- The fit runs small.
- Low-quality zippers.
6. Qualidyne Men’s MTB Shorts
If you are looking for the best shorts for mountain bike riding, hiking, casual wearing, fishing, or camping, I would like to recommend Qualidyne Men’s MTB Shorts. Made using breathable fabric, they can keep you dry and comfortable despite the activity. Additionally, the shorts include a 1.5cm thick high-density sponge. The sponge offers adequate protection from bumps resulting in pleasant user experience. The elastic waistband contains two adjustable buckles. Using these, you can adjust the fit. Besides that, two zippered pockets are added for the secure storage of valuables.
- Venting holes for breathability.
- 3D foam sponge guarantees comfort.
- 4-way stretch fabric ensures comfort.
- Four spacious pockets.
- The internal liner is removable.
- Cool and comfortable shorts.
- The breathable fabrics play a role in keeping you cool and dry.
- The drawstrings come out while washing.
5. SILVINI MTB Shorts
Stay cool and comfortable while riding in hotter temperatures with Silvini MTB shorts. Designed to offer a loose fit, these shorts are suitable for all types of biking. Also, the pair is made using nylon polyamide. This is a ripstop fabric designed to guarantee durability. Featuring a triple seam stitching, this is the best choice when looking for durable MTB shorts. Also, the shorts integrate reflective elements for day and night safety. To ensure that you get a secure fit, the shorts include exterior and adjustable Velcro straps.
- High-quality zippers.
- Triple sutured seams enhance durability.
- Reflective elements for nigh-time safety.
- The shorts include plenty of pockets.
- The bottom is adjustable.
- Included padding enhances comfort.
- Quick-drying and breathable.
- The sizing runs small.
4. Santic Men’s Mountain Bike Shorts
These mountain bike shorts are a perfect choice for durable shorts that will keep you dry and comfortable. Made using lycra and polyester, they are stretchable and breathable to offer a satisfying experience. Adding to that, the shorts include a seat cushion with a top 4D Coolmax riding transit. As a result, you can expect comfort and avoid the injuries that result while riding. Equipped with a drawstring closure, the shorts can fit you comfortably and securely. Better, they are breathable and therefore designed to keep you cool and dry.
- High-impact breathable cushion helps to wick away moisture.
- Zippered pockets for the secure storage of different items.
- Reflection design for safe riding at night.
- Easy to wash.
- The shorts fit comfortably.
- Sufficient padding guarantees user safety.
- Breathable and lightweight.
- No zipper around the waist.
3. Ally Men’s Mountain Bike Shorts
The Ally Men’s Mountain Bike Shorts are durable shorts designed to offer vital protection from muddy water. The shorts integrate zippered pockets for the secure storage of different items. Two adjustable Velcro straps are positioned on the sides to offer a comfortable, secure fit. Made using a highly breathable material, the shorts can wick sweat away from the skin to keep you cool and dry.
- Highly durable material.
- Breathable fabrics help to wick away moisture.
- Spacious pockets fit essential items.
- Velcro straps offer a better fit.
- Padded design enhances comfort.
- Wear-resistant and fast drying.
- Easy to wear and wash.
- Comfortable and stretchy.
- The lining sits too low.
- Cheap-quality zippers.
2. EZRUN Men’s 3D Padded Mountain Bike Shorts
These are two shorts in one. With a 3D padded underwear on the inside, these are one of the most comfortable biking shorts. The shorts are made using 92% polyester and 8% elastane to enhance comfort. Moreover, there is an elastic waistband. The band includes an inner drawcord for easy adjustment of the fit. The shorts include a reflective logo front to enhance visibility. Also, it integrates two zippered pockets and a Velcro pocket for the secure storage of valuables. The shorts’ material is highly breathable and designed to draw sweat from the skin for a dry and cool experience.
- Elastic waistband and inner drawcord offer an adjustable fit.
- Reflective logo for night-time safety.
- Built-in 3D Chamois inserts for a comfortable ride.
- Stretchy and easy to wear.
- Lightweight fabric dries fast.
- Breathable fabrics keep you dry.
- Plenty of pockets.
- Strong zippers.
- Short leg length.
1. Ally Men’s MTB Mountain Bike Shorts
For the most comfortable ride, I would recommend that you buy Ally Men’s Mountain Bike Shorts. Made from a highly durable material, they can offer the required protection against muddy water. Moreover, the shorts integrate breathable material. Hence, you can expect them to draw sweat away from the skin to help you stay cool. The shorts are equipped with seven zippered pockets for the secure storage of a range of items. With two adjustable Velcro straps, you can expect them to hug your waist comfortably.
- Breathable fabrics wick away moisture.
- Elastic waistband and adjustable Velcro straps offer a better fit.
- Plenty of pockets offer enough room for essential items.
- Easy to slip on.
- Stylish and comfortable.
- Well-padded liner.
- Lightweight, breathable, and fast-drying fabrics.
- The pad is non-removable.
- Low-quality zippers.
Read More About Best Wooden Bed Frames in 2020 Reviews
How to select the best mountain bike shorts:
Given the 20 best mountain bike shorts, how do you pick the best among the reviewed products? Let’s have a look at the features to look out for.
1. Type of waistband
Mountain bike shorts can feature a bib waistband or traditional waistband. A regular waistband is better for demanding mountain biking. The reason behind this is that bibs add extra material to the sides, which means-dealing with more moisture and friction. As a result, a bib waistband is suitable for less demanding mountain biking sessions.
Do you want to carry some essential items while biking? If that’s the case, you will want to get mountain bike shorts that include several pockets. In this case, look for perfectly-sized pockets so that they can fit your necessities easily. Also, you might want to look for zippered pockets for the secure storage of small items.
Do you plan to wear your mountain bike shorts at night or in places with limited lighting? If that is the case, I would recommend that you buy shorts with bright colours and reflective elements. That way, you can be sure to remain visible in dark places for your safety.
Well, mountain bike shorts are made using different materials. These materials range from lycra to spandex, nylon, or polyester. For you to pick the best, look for a stretchable material, one that wicks away moisture, durable materials, fast-drying materials, and fabrics that are easy to wash.
The best mountain bike shorts should be comfortable to wear. That said, you will want to buy shorts that deliver a snug fit. In particular, get shorts that fit comfortably around the waist and thighs. Moreover, the shorts should be a little bit loose around the legs.
6. Crotch liner
Another feature that the best MTB shorts should contain is a padded crotch liner. The liner plays a role in preventing rubbing and discomfort. Also, it can wick away moisture for comfortable user experience. So, if you are planning to go for long rides or use the shorts in rough or uneven terrain, be sure to get a pair with this feature.
The best mountain bike shorts can help you get the most out of your riding. A good pair should fit you appropriately, keep you dry, offer adequate space for storage, withstand the elements you expose it to, be easy to wash, easy, and comfortable to wear, among other factors. So, buy either of the reviewed shorts and take your road biking experience to the next level.